A number of you have asked us over the last few days, if there is a Marcellus API.
Which tells us:
- Setting up a classy workflow is still a problem
- upload, content management, customization, and publishing are fundamental challenges for many
- The work flow needs to be ubiquitous
- it’s one thing to use workflow on Marcellus. It’s quite another to be able to access the same workflow on YOUR website
- Scale and economics are SERIOUS considerations
- And therefore, a reliable cloud infrastructure is a huge blessing for online video
So, to answer your questions:
- We ARE working on the Marcellus API. With a little luck, we’ll have it ready for you by Christmas of this year.
- Before the API arrives, we’ll be launching a community video platform: mia. You can read more about it at http://www.marcellus.tv/mia
We’re keeping mia a little hush-hush for a bit. Not because it’s a big secret that we want to hide, but because we’re trying to figure out what feature set to launch it with. So, if you have ideas/thoughts on what you’d like to see when we launch, just place a comment on here, or write to us.
We are: buzz (at) marcellus (dot) tv